Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Back again!

So... I'm the worst at blogging.

What's worse, is that technology changes so fast that I've changed pretty much all of my devices since writing last.

What am I using now?

Phone: My Sprint HTC One is by far the nicest phone I've ever used.  It's also my first HTC phone.  The device is machined from one block of aluminum, sports a 1080p screen (yes, that's as much as an HDTV), a quad core processor, and "ultrapixel" camera.  I love this phone!  While I've always said that materials were not that important when I had plastic Samsung phones, I did always understand the premium feel the iPhones had.  This is the best of any device I've ever seen.  It's nicer than even the newest iPhones, and the only Android phone that was nicely built was the LG Nexus 4.  The only downside is that this phone is behind in software, and I'm anxiously awaiting Android 4.3 - which is supposed to be here any day.
Update: 4.3 is here for Sprint HTC One phones.  A great phone just got better!!  BTW: That makes this the first manufacturer-skinned phone released before Android 4.3 to be updated to the latest version.




Tablet: Gone is the original Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and original Asus Nexus 7, and replacing them is my new 2nd generation Nexus 7 by Asus.  And this thing is awesome.  With it's super high resolution of 1920x1200 pixels, it looks amazing.  The new quad core processor and Android 4.3 make it screaming fast too.  And it even has a camera on the back.  To be honest, I still miss the dimpled pleather back of the original Nexus 7, and the wider bezel gave you something more to hold onto, but the thinness and lightness of this new one more than make up for it.  I use this to preach, read, surf the web, and even put my thoughts down for my sermons.


Watch: My new favorite toy is my Pebble Smartwatch!  It's a watch with an e-paper screen with backlighting, and it connects to my phone via bluetooth.  I get all my texts, messages, emails, etc with a little vibrate on my wrist and scrolling text.  I can also change the watchfaces and monitor things like weather and battery of my phone.  It even works with apps like Runkeeper to track running through the phone's GPS.  It's great to get my notifications

No comments:

Post a Comment